I have heard that many people complain about forgetting their Dell password on Windows 7. How does this come about? This is a difficult question to answer. However you can learn to how to cope with it in time. Here I will share 4 workable solutions to reset Dell password on Windows 7 with you. But keep in mind that you must read the notes first before following the solutions below.
Solution 1: Reset Dell password with a previous created Windows 7 password reset disk
As far as I’m concerned, a Dell password reset disk is the best way to prevent you from forgetting your password. Thus when you install a new system in your computer you’d better to remember to create a password reset disk. If you have no password reset disk at hand, don’t worry, you can turn to the solutions below.
1. Start your locked Dell computer. Enter the wrong password at the login box, and then Windows will display a message that the password is incorrect. Click “OK” to close the message. After that you will see “Reset password” under the login box, click it and then insert the password reset disk you have created.
2. Follow the instructions in the “Password Reset Wizard” to create a new password.
3. After you finish the steps above you are supposed to log on with the new password.
Note: This method requires that you have created a password reset disk before you have lost the login password.
Solution 2: Logon with another administrator account to remove Dell password Windows 7
If you can log in to your Dell computer with another administrator account then you can continue in this solution.
1. Log on with another administrator account or account which has administration authority to remove Dell password on the other accounts.
2. Click the “Start” button, type “lusrmgr.msc” in the Search box and then press “ENTER”. Then you will get into “Local Users and Groups”.
3. Double-click “Local Users and Groups”, and then click “Users”.
4. Right-click the target account which you want to remove the password for, and then click “Set Password”. Type and confirm the new password.
5. Assuming that you have completed the operations above then you will login with the newly created account.
Solution 3: Reset Windows 7 password on Dell from Safe Mode
As is known to us, Windows 7 system has a built-in administrator account that is created during Windows installation and disabled by default, which has no password in it. You need to enable the built-in Administrator account first. If not, you will not succeed.
Step 1: Start your computer and press“F8″. Choose “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” with the arrow key and press “Enter.”Then your computer will get into Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Step 2: Select the Administrator account appearing on the screen, then enter command prompt. Type: net user “****** 123456” and enter (****** is the account name and 123456 is the new password), then a message–“the command completed successfully” will appear on the screen.
Step 3: Restart your win 7 computer, then you can log in as ****** with the password 123456. You can go to Control Panel to change your account password if necessary.
Solution 4: Recover Windows 7 password on Dell with Windows Password Recovery（http://www.lostwindowspassword.com/windows-password-recovery.htm）
If you have neither another administrator account nor Windows password reset disk, you’d better to recover Windows 7 password on Dell computer with Windows Password Recovery. Just follow the steps below:
1. Download the program on any PC you have access to.
2. Run the downloaded file to install it.
3. Burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive and remove Windows password with the burned CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive on your locked PC.
If you have any question about using the program please refer to the video guide below: